The Beach House is committed to improving its accessibility for all guests. We currently provide:
- Allocated car parking space with easy access, close to main entrance door.
- Main entrance door into the porch is situated at the top of five stone steps. A support rail is fixed to the right hand side.
- The inner door from the porch has a single step below it.
- The ground floor hallway is brightly lit with automated lighting, brightly decorated and reasonably spacious.
- A unisex public toilet is provided in the ground floor hallway.
- The Sanderling Suite accessed at the end of the ground floor hallway gives level entrance into spacious lounge, kitchen and dining area. The bedroom has a double and a single bed with patio doors leading onto a terrace which has a shallow threshold. The shower room provides easy access large shower, with attractive fold up seat and stainless steel grab rails to shower, basin and toilet plus complementary Pure Lakes skincare organic toiletries.
- Free mobile phones or an alert device can be supplied, Free internet access is available. The television is a large LCD 32’’ TV with teletext subtitles. Supplied with a remote control ditto to the bedroom. On channel 6 the CCTV system is viewable. A CD with Braille title, is available upon request.
In the future we plan to offer:
- More training for staff on disability awareness.
- Providing a separate access from the Sanderling suite to a new purpose designed parking bay.